Thursday, May 13, 2010

Satuday - Wednesday's update. and Stage 2

Sorry it's taken so long to update, but here it is! It's all over besides recovery!





Today is Thursday, and I got ZERO sleep last night, I have more pain in my one incision than I had the whole trial process. It's like a billion knives, but it makes sense since it is the second time the pocket has been cut open in a week, and the second time for it to have staples in it. ouch. I am taking it easy today, staying mostly on the ice pack, it seems to help a little, but I can tell when it's time to take some more pain medicine without looking at the clock. Bladder pain though, is a thing of the past. My settings on my interstim are set and I have no symptoms, if I can just get this incision healed I will be a new person. :) oh, and by the way, I haven't taken a bath or shower since last Wednesday. attractive, huh? I have only been able to sponge bath, I'm waiting on the nurse to call me back and tell me WHEN i can possibly bathe again, because this is not cutting it. In the pictures above is my only battle wounds left, the bandage is where the interstim went in. and then you can see my remote. I hold the black part to the incision and synchronize the remote to it and that's how I change my stimulations.

Wednesday came, I was supposed to be at the hospital at 11:30, well, when we got there, they said, oh yall can go home, the medtronic rep won't be here until about 2:30. We weren't going home, I had not eaten anything all day and I knew if I came home I would blow it. So they got us a holding room so we could wait, well, at 2:30, they tell us, that it will be more like 4:00. As 4:00 rolled around, no sign, they then come tell us it will be closer to 5. The medtronic rep FINALLY got there, then we had to wait on Dr. Stripling to get there. In the mean time, I had a staple to pop out, because my swelling had went down and I had been coughing and sneezing and must have pushed it out. I was in a great deal of pain and the holding room beds are not comfortable, so they gave me some morphine to ease the pain. I finally went back to surgery, they reopened my biggest incision, and put the interstim in it, the stapled it back together. I was in some pain when I got home. And yeah, that's my butt in that one picture, but I wanted to show my staples and the bright red blood is where the staples started backing out.





Tuesday I was feeling the stimulations in my tailbone, which was almost as bad as my leg, so I called and Ken changed my electrode settings again, and that setting, was PERFECT! I had to go pre register for my Stage 2 surgery and I had my post op appointment with Dr. Stripling, everything was looking good and we were all getting excited about my symptoms disappearing and doing the permanent surgery on Wednesday!


So on Monday, I couldn't even lift my leg to get in my vehicle, I couldn't bend any and I was in so much pain I was ready to rip that little stimulator out! I called a friend of mine, Renee that has the interstim and told her how bad my leg was hurting, she told me the same thing happened to her and they had to change her electrodes, because you are supposed to feel the stimulations in your booty, female areas, and mine was just going straight down my leg. So I called Ken, my medtronic rep, and we changed my electrode settings.



Sunday was bad, I believe that I over did it and I was having a real hard time getting around. I rested all day after eating Mother's day lunch.


Saturday I was in so much pain in my leg down to my toes. It was my electrode settings and i didn't know, so I just dealt with it. My sweet boyfriend did take me to Wal Mart so I could have an outing, I got to ride in the sit and shop, everyone looked at me as if I had no business in the sit and shop, I just smiled a little smile that let them know I WOULD run them over if they didn't mind their own business.


5 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is Danielle. I just happened to come across your blog and I was wondering how you are doing? I had Interstim implant Stage 2 done in April. I'm doing better but still dealing with some minor issues. You can email me at dukas1977@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still having some major issues, but trying to work through. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacon, I'm considering during a urodynamics test for IC and then testing out the interstim. Did you get to try it before they did the permanent implant, and why did you have to have surgery the second time? I've heard from a lot of people about the leg pain, etc. I'm just worried that getting the interstim will cause more problems than its worth. How bad is your IC? How many times a day were you going etc.? Also, is the stimulation in your lady parts really uncomfortable? To me that seems like it would be uncomfortable. Please let me know, and THANK YOU for starting this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my stage 2 of interstim may 11th my bladder retention seems to be gone I hope. So far, everything is, great except there's a lump where my implant is. People can notice it. Eh they can get over it if they don't like it lol. But my butt still hurts when I sit its been 3 weeks. I can't wait for it to not hurt when I sit down. Now if only they could make my fibromyalgia and degenerative disk disease not hurt, or the lyme disease uggg. I sure am not missing 150 catheters a month. Fed ex is going to miss me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my stage 2 of interstim may 11th my bladder retention seems to be gone I hope. So far, everything is, great except there's a lump where my implant is. People can notice it. Eh they can get over it if they don't like it lol. But my butt still hurts when I sit its been 3 weeks. I can't wait for it to not hurt when I sit down. Now if only they could make my fibromyalgia and degenerative disk disease not hurt, or the lyme disease uggg. I sure am not missing 150 catheters a month. Fed ex is going to miss me lol.

    ReplyDelete