Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting Worse by the day? :/


I said almost a month ago in my last post that it was all over besides recovery...well...i didn't know recovery was going to be HELL.
I went to the doctor for my one week post op after my stage two permanent placement.
Dr. Stripling lives in Florida, flies into Meridian on Monday and drives into Laurel on Tuesday, well my appointment was Tuesday morning, he had gotten stuck in traffic, since I had to be a work I said what the hey, I'll just let the other doctor look at my staples and see if they're ready to come out, since he is a urologist too and all....
well....
he said "yeah, lets take your staples out" it took him about THIRTY minutes to DIG them out, it hurt more than anything I've ever felt before. And you couldn't tell they were staples, they just looked like balls of flesh and blood.
I could tell something was wrong, the nurse put a piece of gauze over it because it was bleeding and told me just to hold the gauze on until it stopped bleeding, but to leave it open....the picture below is what i saw when I looked at it...
After I saw it I went and asked someone if they thought it looked like it should...my face was pale and I was really woozy, at this point I felt really sick and it would not stop bleeding.
My mom came and got me and took me back to the doctors office, they say "oh, we should pack this... and by the way, it's not going to heal like it should because it busted open and we can't stitch it since it heals from the inside out."
It HAS to heal right because every 4-6 years they have to replace it because the battery only lasts that long...well...I will say I was pissed...and that's as nice as I can possibly put it...
It hurt all day after that and I was very upset and trying to get ahold of my Doctor because I KNEW this wasn't right.
At 4:00 that afternoon, he called me and told me to come up there immediately that I HAD to be stitched up.
I got there and he was waiting for me with a big pain medicine shot and numbing medicine along with stitching tools...Thank God.
After that horrendous incident, I started recovering, my doctor is a traveling doctor, so he left about two weeks ago. I miss him so much! My interstim is turned off at the moment, the Medtronic rep is supposed to come adjust my settings tomorrow so that I can turn it back on.

I have called 9 doctors in Mississippi and none of them will see me since they aren't the ones that did the surgery. I have one doctor supposed to call me back this week and if he won't see me I will be driving to Hammond, Louisiana or somewhere in Arkansas just to have these 5 minute adjustments done. Ridiculous, I know, but I may not have a choice.

I just pray that in the end this will be worth it, I know if I had a doctor it would be...for now I still have probably another month with stitches...and who knows how long before this thing gets straightened out and working again...


No comments:

Post a Comment