Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Interstim Stage one, Day one. wow.

Here's how day one turned out!.........
My techy controls, I shouldn't really have to change these the one knob with the A is what I control my pulses with.

Below is my three incisions, the one closest to my booty is where he put the lead I believe, the long one is where the pocket for the permanent stimulator will be and the one at the top is where my wire is coming out. The next picture is just me before surgery waiting and scared.




So after midnight last night I couldn't eat, I had to be at the hospital at noon for my interstim stage one. well,we waited...and waited....and waited.... I had not eaten since 7pm last night, well, at FIVE O'CLOCK they took me back to surgery. I have a medtronic rep, hes super nice, his name is Ken, and my god, he looks just like Ken from Barbie and Ken. and muscles...whew. But he is pretty, and nice..and says gemerly instead of generally, but that's ok, because he's nice and knows what hes doing. I came out of surgery in a lot of pain where my incisions are but NO pain whatsoever in my bladder! FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2007 I HAVE NO PAIN IN MY BLADDER. GOD DOES WORK MIRACLES! I have the nicest doctor and was very well taken care of.
It's hard to get around right now since I have a cord hanging out of my back. I can't take a shower or bath until at least Tuesday, but I can take a sponge bath and my best friend/cosmetologist is going to wash my hair at the salon. I MAY get the permanent stage two on Tuesday if things continue to go well. I can't bend or turn a lot, I find I'm more comfortable on the couch, because I can't roll over on my incisions and such.
Sorry this is such a short update, but I think I should rest since I was at the hospital for 8 hours.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment