Friday, May 7, 2010

Interstim Stage one, day three.


holy. cow. today. was. horrible. So, my doctor told me and my mom the day of surgery that I could go back to work the next day, well, I wasn't going to over do it, but last night, I went to eat and to wal mart to "walk a little soreness out." well. this morning, I thought I was going to die. No bladder pain, but I couldn't even get myself off of the couch, my incision pain was unbearable. We have a new urologist in our small town, he's who did my surgery, none of the nurses know anything about it because none of the doctors Laurel has ever had has known how to do the interstim. So, they haven't been able to answer too many of my questions. I called the doctor first thing this morning, told him I had gotten out for a little while yesterday and he got onto me and told me to stay in bed, and called me in some pain medicine that works wonderfully. Hallelujah! I cannot get myself off of the couch if I'm laying down, but if I'm sitting I can get up. sooo, my wonderful mother built me a "nest" to support me and help get my comfy. It's been great since she's gotten home from work to help me, I can't bend to get anything out of the refrigerator or feed my poor sweet dog, and if I drop something, it just stays there. But as I was saying, I don't even feel like I have a bladder, I don't even realize it's there. I have only peed like 4 times today, with no pain whatsoever, it's the strangest feeling, to have no feeling when I pee! Oh, I do have a solution to the getting myself up off the couch problem, I put my feet on the ground, and call someone in here, they grab my hands and yank me up, that way, I don't use any of my muscles, so it's pain free. lol. I've noticed a little bit of bruising by my lowest incision, but nothing major, I'm not bleeding or anything, so the worst part is just incision pain. I hope this blog makes sense, I'm hoping to post pictures of my incisions tomorrow, I don't think they look much different other than slight bruising. My pain medicine is definitely kicking in, so I should probably go lay down...if I can figure out how too, it's h-e-l-l trying to get comfortable enough to sleep, luckily the pain meds knock me out.
goodnight, maybe my post tomorrow will make more sense.
You can see my "nest" in the picture, I find that if I put an extra pillow on the side of my incisions, that I'm a lot more comfortable and supported. And there's a little ottoman that I am able to prop my feet on. You can also see my sweet puppy at the bottom of the picture who hasn't left my side since Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Lacon, I am so glad you can pee without pain. Glad you are doing as well as you are. I will be following your blog as I find it very interesting. Glad you feel like doing it. Eleanor

    ReplyDelete